You see? Healthy food can be cheaper than fast food. It just takes some planning.
I think a lot of people tend to get WEIGHT loss and FAT loss confused. Those who come to me asking how to lose WEIGHT.. often mean FAT when they talk about “losing”. Losing WEIGHT is simple, losing FAT is a little trickier.
Weight loss comes down to calories in versus calories out (you need to be consuming fewer calories than your body needs to maintain itself). Whereas fat loss comes from eating the RIGHT foods in a caloric deficit and training correctly. (This does NOT mean you have to starve yourself or workout for hours!) It’s important to control blood sugar when trying to lose body fat, so frequent small meals and avoiding simple carbs and junk food will help with that.
Tips for losing fat, not muscle:
- Eat clean in a slight caloric deficit (don’t starve)
- Eat frequent small meals (controls hunger and blood sugar)
- Have a lean protein source at each meal (but don’t forget about your veggies and healthy fats)
- Avoid simple carbs (except post-workout) and other junk food
- Strength train (lift weights! Don’t be afraid to go heavy girls)
- Do intense HIIT cardio, not long marathon cardio (excessive cardio burns muscle)
Remember, the more muscle on your frame, the faster your metabolism will be, and the more calories you will burn in a day without any extra effort. So losing WEIGHT (muscle & fat) is not ideal. Losing FAT is! Starving and excessive cardio will result in muscle loss.. so avoid these things when trying to lose fat! =)
The picture is of Tabitha Klausen, she’s a beast.